Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Pregnancy Updates

I have really been slacking in the blog department here lately. I have been crazy busy the last couple of months with work, baby showers, doc appointments, Thanksgiving, Christmas Shopping, preparing for Reagan's arrival and trying to get a little rest! So, since almost every single patient has cancelled today, (because of the snow) I can play a little catch up!

I am now 35 weeks pregnant! It is still really hard for me (and Eddie) to believe! We are so amazingly close to my due date of January 21st! At my doc appointment last week, my blood pressure had went up quite a bit from where it normally is, and my feet and legs have been constantly swollen for a few weeks now...so, my doc started my weekly appointments a week early, to keep a closer eye on it. Other than that, everything has been going quite smoothly. A few weeks back I went through an energetic spell...I actually felt way better than I had during the second trimester...but of course, all good things come to an end...and I all of the sudden began to feel MISERABLE! My stomach has dropped some and it has made it nearly impossible to do anything! I can't remember the last time I've had a good nights sleep! My stomach is so big that I have to have Eddie position me in the bed with tons of pillows...then about an hour later, I need him to flip me over to the other side.(I get stuck on my back if I try to do this alone!) This continues all night, with several bathroom breaks in between. I must say that I am VERY fortunate to have such a helpful husband...I really couldn't do it without him!

On a more positive note, we have really kicked it into high gear with getting everything set up and ready for Reagan's arrival. We are currently finishing up painting an armoire to match her bed. Eddie was a bit hesitant on painting it, but it is turning out to be exactly the look I had imagined in my head...and, he now can see my vision! I can't wait to start filling it up with all her little things!

1 comment:

The Fowlers said...

It is great to hear from you! Sorry to hear about all the sleeping trouble...it's your body's way of getting you ready for a newborn who eats every 3 hours!:) Try to rest and take some time for yourself- you deserve it! Oh, and read a book. I wish I would have read more before Mr. Caleb arrived.