Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

This sure was a busy Labor Day weekend! Friday we celebrated Eddie and his sister Stephanie's birthdays at his parents house...Steph's b-day is August 29th and Eddie's follows behind on September 1st.

Saturday, I headed to Lexington for a bridal shower for my friend Katie at Talon Winery. It was great getting a chance to visit with friends I don't see very often, and was also perfect timing to let everyone in on our news of having a girl! We had such a good time and I suffered from a sore belly the rest of the weekend from laughing so hard...I must have pulled a muscle!

Sunday, I slaved all day on a birthday cake for Eddie...which unfortunately turned out to be a huge flop! I should have known better than using a new recipe! The rest of the meal did turn out great, and Eddie's B-day with the Caldwell's was very enjoyable!

Monday, the Fowler family headed to Shakertown for lunch to celebrate my grandfather's (Daddy Joe) 80th birthday. It was good getting everyone together to catch up and to wish Daddy Joe a happy birthday!

No comments: