Saturday, January 10, 2009

Labor!

I called the hospital at 5am and they told me to be there at 7! We got ourselves together, grabbed our bags and headed to the hospital. After getting registered, we were put in our room where we met our wondeful nurse, Allison. Originally, my friend Haley was planning to be my nurse, but since she wasn't scheduled to work that day, she made sure I had a great nurse. I was started on pitocin at 9:30, and had my water broke at 12, and then soon after had the epidural. Strangly it seems the longer I'm in labor the slower my contractions are getting Although the time is actually flying by, I feel like I'll never get to 10cm....I'm only at 4-5 at this point! Eddie and I are getting very tired, but are too excited to take a nap! I am absolutely starving at this point, and have been munching on ice chips and popsicles all day. Haley came in to help out right after I had my epidural, and we had visits from Mom and Hannah, and Theresa and Steph, which has served as some entertainment for us. Hopefully I will start to progress more soon!

My last belly shot right before going to the hospital!

Striking a Pose!Eddie pretending to be the doctor...we had been up way too long at this point!Trying to pass the time.

No comments: